I was tagged by my friend Anne from http://www.asthmaandthegiftofrunning.com/ to list 10 things that make me happy :). Here it is:
1. spending time with my husband and two daughters
2. watching my 2 year old when she wakes up in the morning ... and watching her dance and sing... so cute
3. Escape weekends with my husband (none lately)
4. indulging in manicures/pedicures with my 20-year old one
5. cooking in my brand new kitchen
6. Wine! We love good wine (lately we are into French wines)
7. Company! We LOVE to entertain friends and family
8. Hiking or simply being in a forest... it gives me this incredible energy that I love!
9. Reading a good book with a good cup of tea before going to bed
10. having goals makes me happy :)
Voila! This is my list... but there are so many more things that make me happy... I can start a blog just talking about that... I am the kind of person who is miserable when miserable (if that makes sense)... being sad, depressed, unhappy, or pessimistic is not in my nature... I am generally very positive and optimistic and can see something positive in any situation ... I even have hard time being around people who are negative and everything is oh, so difficult for them... you know, those who complain and whine all the time... so I am addicted to happiness :)
On another note, my ankle felt great today, I barely feel any pain so I had decided to go for a run . I started getting ready to leave thinking that my hubby is taking a nap.. so I put my HR monitor, strap the cool Garmin on my wrist and as I was putting on my hat I was caught by the running police (aka hubby) who took me by the neck and locked my inside the house... so, sadly, no running or walking for me today :( joke aside, I was upset when he said " you are doing a very stupid thing right now and you know it!" but I knew it and I listened to him. If things go well, I might be able to start this week. So far I've been (only) walking with my new shoes and my Achilles is much better so I am hoping the problem was solved... I will keep you posted.
And lastly, today I found that a friend of mine is pregnant. Of course I was happy for her but I also felt envious... we've decided that we won't have more kids but still, I had so much fun the second time around that now every time I hear news like that I feel like having another one ... ah, don't we love being moms!
Coastal Trail Series Marathon - Dorset (2016)
11 months ago